If you want come to study in Oldenburg as a so called "free mover", you cannot necessarily be sure to obtain accommodation in a hall of residence run by the Studentenwerk. But the Studentenwerk also has a service for international students that can try and help you find a private room. It is specifically directed at "free movers" who do not come to Oldenburg as part of an exchange programme.

Usually, the rooms are single furnished rooms in private homes with a monthly rent of approx. 200-300 €. Prospective students should get in touch 2 months before their actual arrival in Oldenburg at the latest! Please note: This service cannot guarantee to find you a room – it simply passes on information from private landlords/landladies who contact the Studentenwerk with accommodation offers.

For those of you travelling with a partner, children, pets etc.: Unfortunately, we can't help with accommodation in these cases.

Go To Top